You all know how much I love Aimee Agresti and being part of Authors are Rockstars tour is so exciting. Well I have an author interview with the spectacular Aimee Agresti. If you would like to read my review of Illuminate you can by CLICKING HERE.
I know this post is late and I am so sorry for that, my youngest was in the hospital and sick. But here it is now.
There are so many reasons I think Aimee Agresti is a rock star and those include:
- She writes some amazing characters that I fell in love with and connect with.
- Her plot is believable
- She always has me wanting more when I read her books
- She's not one of those authors that act like they are above you, she is down to earth, well she is through email lol. (I would love to meet her in person one day so she can sign my books lol)
Alright, there are so many reasons and I could go on and on about her books, but instead I have a author interview to share with you. ENJOY!
- Can you tell us something interesting about your writing process?
Hi! Thank you so much for having me! Oooh, my writing process, let’s see, the most interesting thing is probably where I write: I love to hang out in the courtyard of the Portrait Gallery here in DC. I’m there every day, it’s like I live there. But it’s beautiful and when I need a shot of inspiration I just pop up to the second floor to see a few of my favorite angel paintings!
- Is there anything you’re working on now?
I’m finishing up Book Three in the Gilded Wings trilogy! I’ve been having so much fun writing it and I really hope readers enjoy where this book will take them and what’s in store for Haven and the gang. I can’t wait to dish about it! Stay tuned to my website aimeeagresti.com for all sorts of fun scoop when I finish!
- Where did the idea for your book series come from?
I wanted to write the kind of books I would’ve loved as a teen: something with mystery, romance, fantasy, a sense of adventure and above all, a strong heroine. Girl power!
- Do you listen to music while you write, or do you prefer quiet?
When I’m just starting a book I need quiet, but once I get going then I’ve gotta have the perfect tunes! I love, love, love 30 Seconds to Mars. Fun fact: Last time they were here in DC, I actually got to meet them and, of course, I flipped into total embarrassing fangirl mode.
- If you could jump in to any book and live there, which book would you choose?
Definitely ALICE IN WONDERLAND: it’s one of my all-time favorites, I’ve always loved the whimsy of that wild world!
- Why did you choose to write about Angels?
Great question! I wanted to write about the trials and tribulations of growing up and what could be a better metaphor for that than earning your wings and learning to fly?!
- What’s the last book you bought?
YAQUI DELGADO WANTS TO KICK YOUR ASS by Meg Medina—a fantastic YA novel about bullying.
- Did you have a say in the covers of your books? (I must say that I love them!)
Thank you! I love them too and I’ve been so lucky to have the most amazing cover designer—Liz Tardiff—and the most gorgeous cover model—Marta Pozzan. They’re both incredibly talented and also just really awesome people. I’m a lucky girl!
- If you could have a casual, 30-minute conversation by the fireplace with any author, living or dead, who would you choose, and what would you ask?
Dorothy Parker: can we bring back the Algonquin roundtable?
- Who is your all time favorite fictional book character?
Nancy Drew—I devoured that series growing up. She was so smart and fearless and always solving these crazy mysteries. She was everything I wanted to be!
- Coffee or tea? Mocha frappuccinos!
- Paper book or ebook? I love ‘em both, but there’s nothing like curling up with paper!
- Summer or winter? Winter is my favorite time to write!
- Werewolves or vampires? Angels!
- Morning person or night owl? Morning!
- Pantser or plotter? Plotter. I’ve been known to make 50-page outlines!
- Pepsi or Coke? Both!
- Dogs or cats? Either one! But I do really love the Cheshire Cat.
- Drink—I’m addicted to mocha frappuccinos
- Food – I also have a severe chocolate addiction
- Movie -- “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” (I’m an Audrey Hepburn fanatic!)
- TV show – “Mad Men”
- Book – THE CATCHER IN THE RYE
- Late night snack – M&Ms
- Writing tools – caffeine and good music!
- Sport – Running after my 2-year-old son
- Vacation destination – anywhere beachy!
- Music – 30 Seconds to Mars
- Place to read – the National Mall on a sunny day
- Place to write – The Portrait Gallery in DC
- Way to relax – Reading!
*Extra* What do you tell someone that has never read your books when you want to explain what they are about?
The Gilded Wings Trilogy is about a teen angel battling devils and earning her wings, but at heart it’s about a girl learning to have confidence in herself!
See what I mean by being awesome and a rockstar. Below you will find more information about her books and Aimee as well. Enjoy!!!
Haven Terra is a brainy, shy high school outcast. But everything begins to change when she turns sixteen. Along with her best friend Dante and their quiet and brilliant classmate Lance, she is awarded a prestigious internship in the big city— Chicago—and is sent to live and work at a swanky and stylish hotel under the watchful eyes of a group of gorgeous and shockingly young-looking strangers: powerful and alluring hotel owner Aurelia Brown; her second-in-command, the dashing Lucian Grove; and their stunning but aloof staff of glamazons called The Outfit. As Haven begins falling for Lucian, she discovers that these beautiful people are not quite what they seem. With the help of a mysterious book, she uncovers a network of secret passageways from the hotel’s jazz-age past that leads her to the heart of the evil agenda of Aurelia and company: they’re in the business of buying souls. Will they succeed in wooing Haven to join them in their recruitment efforts, or will she be able to thwart this devilish set’s plans to take the souls of her classmates on prom night at the hotel? Illuminate is an exciting saga of a teen’s first taste of independence, her experience in the lap of luxury, and her discovery she may possess strength greater than she ever knew
I will be reviewing Infatuate later next week. So make sure you keep your eyes open.
Aimee Agresti is an entertainment journalist with ten years of experience writing, editing, and chatting up celebrities. A former staff writer for Us Weekly magazine, she has interviewed everyone from Angelina Jolie and George Clooney to the stars of The Hills, and even penned the magazine’s coffee table book Inside Hollywood. In addition to Us, her work has appeared in People, Premiere, DC Magazine, The Washington Post, Boston magazine, Women’s Health, Mademoiselle, and the New York Observer. She lives in Washington, DC.
The lovely Aimee Agresti has offered an awesome giveaway for this stop as well. She has offered a signed copy of either Illuminate or Infatuate for one lucky winner. The giveaway will end on August 31st. So I'm going to do an easy giveaway. All you have to do is comment on this post. I will use random.org and pick a number and that person's comment will be the winner. So leave those comments!!! :)