So today is the first day of 2014, can you believe it? I know I can't, where did the year go? But anyway, this year I have some big plans for this blog and my Youtube channel as well. Right now I want to share with you all this little challenge I am participating in. It's the Book Blogger New Year's Challenge 2014. It's hosted by the amazing Parajunkee.
I know I haven't been posting very much, I've been in a major funk and that is about to change! The past several months, I've lost all the fun in book blogging and reading. It's totally sad and trust me I was totally upset about it. So this year I have some great plans to make sure that doesn't happen.
But anyway, this challenge is a 14 day challenge where each day you post something on the list that Parajunkee has created for us. Today is the first day, so let's get started.
Today we are supposed to share our Blogger Resolutions. So that is what is below. Be warned I have several. ( I love lists and tend to go overboard with them lol)
- First off I want to read 100 books: Yep I'm shooting for 100 again this year. I'm pretty sure I can hit this goal since I did the past two years. I'm not moving the number up mainly because I don't want to push myself where it's no longer fun. So 100 is a good number for me.
- Read books that I want to read! This past year and the year before I have bought books and added them to myself and never got to read them. They are books that I was dying to read and now they sit on my shelf and collect dust, well not really because I would never let a book collect dust. But you know what I mean.) So I have one whole bookshelf already set up with the books that I want to read this year. I will be reading from that bookshelf mainly. (ARC's will be read first though.) But that also brings me to a point, I will only be requesting arcs that I want to read right then and I will read them as soon as I get them.
- Booktube: I really want to post a lot more vids, that includes reviews, bookshelf tours, unboxing videos, and booktags. I think it will be fun and can't wait to get started with these.
- Regular Posting: I really want to get back to the posting 3 times a week on my blog, now that is a "at least" number. But that will give enough posts and still leave it fun for me.
- Blog Tours Min: I feel like my blog was bogged down with blog tours and they feel like a job and take out the fun of posting. I want to make sure that if I do post that it is something I want to post.
- More Engaging Posts: I want to have some conversations on my blog this year. Maybe some hot topic posts or something. (Still working on the ideas for this one.)
- Design: I want to change up the design this year. Don't get me wrong I love my blog, but it needs a bit of change for the new year!
- Post More Detailed Reviews: I feel like I say the same thing over and over. That wont be happening this year. I will be trying to post at least one to two reviews a week, but I'm not going to push myself to do them. FUN is the word I'm bringing back to the blog!