Friday, January 27, 2012

Review: The Hobbit Dramatized


Review: The Hobbit (Dramatized)




 IN A GLANCE: I Loved listening to this book. The performers were amazing and the story stupendous. J.R.R Tolkien always amazes me with his characters and words!









Title: The Hobbit Dramatized
Author: J.R.R Tolkien
Format: Audio Book
Buy this: Amazon * Audible


Written for J.R.R. Tolkiens own children, The Hobbit met with instant critical acclaim when first published more than sixty years ago. Now recognized as a timeless classic with sales of more than 40 million copies worldwide, this introduction to Bilbo Baggins, Gandalf the Wizard, and the spectacular world of Middle-earth tells of the adventures of a reluctant hero, a powerful and dangerous ring, and the cruel dragon Smaug the Magnificent.



 My Review: 


I adored listening to The Hobbit.  The performance of this audio book was amazingly fantastic.

The story of The Hobbit is full of adventure and great fantasy creatures! I loved all the dwarfs in this story and all their names had me cracking up as they are so close together in sound.  I also love the courage of each and everyone of the dwarfs.  Also Bilbo's courage in this story is amazing!

Bilbo is fantastic in this story.  I loved The Lord of the Rings and getting to hear where that story started was great.  Listening to The Hobbit, I got to hear exactly how Bilbo got the ring in the first place.  I loved that.  We also get to hear about all the adventures Bilbo went through.  His first adventure was great!!!  I also love Gandalf in this story just as much as I did in The Lord of the Rings.  He is hilarious!


My Recommendation: 

This book is great for any fantasy lover! If you loved The Lord of the Rings you will defiantly love this book.  I would say age range would have to be YA 12 and up!!!


My Rating: 



Audio: 20/20
Characters: 20/20
Creativity: 17/20
Plot: 20/20
Ending: 10/10
Performance: 10/10

97 out of 100 = 5 puppy rating!!!


Tolkien created a fabulous world that I love so much.  I love reading/listenign to all the details in his books! His words and characters are fabulous! I loved The Hobbit!

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Hey! I'm a new follower from Hollow Readers and my link is eileenlisblog.blogspot.com. I would love if you followed me back! I can't wait to hear more from you!

As for the Hobbit (the print book) I didn't end up finishing it, but I may revisit it! :)

Nereyda1003 said...

New blog follower from the Hollow Tours! Follow me back at http://BooksandSparkles.Blogspot.com via GFC. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Archive

This Blog is Protected..

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Blogoversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

My Beautiful Blog was Designed by...

Ali's Bookshelf © 2011-present