Its time for a great interview!!!
First of all I want to thank these two incredible characters for being here with us today. Thanks for agreeing to answer some questions for me. Would everyone please Welcome Alexia and Justin!
Hello everyone. Thanks for letting pop by. *Justin sits, pulling Alexia to sit next to him* This is our first interview together. Alexia is a little nervous.” *she giggles to him* “So shoot away.”
· The First question is for Alexia. Alexia, how would you explain the way you and Justin became a little family to an outsider of your faith?
“Well truthfully?” * she blushes* “Our parent’s arranged our marriage. Please don’t off on the whole ‘that’s just wrong’ spiel. It’s not wrong to us. In our faith it’s how we’ve done it for centuries. I love my husband. Granted in the beginning it wasn’t perfect, but with time he’s showed me how to love him and to let him love me.
· Justin, how could you choose to go find Mark and not realize how devastated your wife was when you agreed to go?
“I buggered it up.” *he huffs* “I let getting pisser--for those who don’t know-- getting drunk, and my need to punish Mark, overtake my brain.” *rakes his hand through his hair* “I should have done more to make her feel secure and loved, but like a prat, I assumed she’d understand.”
· Justin, you could have lost so much more than you already had going to find Mark. How could you choose that over your family? Why was it so important to you when you could have lost all you had been searching for, including the girl with the green eyes you love so much?
“Those eyes” *smiling, he shakes his head before setting his sights on his wife* “I do love those emerald eyes. More for who they belong to than the color.” *turning back to me, regret flashes in his eyes* “I had to stop him ever hurting us again. So many fell victim to that nutter. I wanted to keep everyone safe from him. My family needed me whole and unless I did, I wouldn’t be.”
· Alexia, Describe your love for Justin in five words.
“The light in my darkness.”
· Justin, Same Question. Describe your love for Alexia in five words.
“The owner of my heart.”
· Justin, do you think the things in our past, the ones that haunt us, ever go away?
*His focus drops to his fidgeting hands* No. They make us who we are and hopefully we learn from them. We can move on, but we take them with us.
· Alexia, if you had a chance to change one thing in your life what would it be?
*A tear slips down her cheek* “The loss of my son, Kaiden. But I think all parents who have loss a child would agree.”
· Justin, Same question, if you had a chance to change one thing in your life what would it be?
*He wipes away her tear, taking her hand into his* I agree with my wife on this one.
· Alexia, if you had spent more time with Justin before your wedding do you think the events that have happened, your depression and Justin drinking for example, would have happened? Could getting to know each other better before your wedding, could that have made all the difference?
*She looks at Justin before answering* I do. If we’d had the time to build our bond, to trust each other more, I don’t think it would have spiraled as it did. Trust needs to be built and earned.
· Justin, without giving any spoilers away, could you describe how scared you were for Alexia?
*He strokes her cheek* Frantic. At first I didn’t know, but once I found out, I was ready to quit and go home to her. If she needed me I’d go back to being the outcast I once was.
· Alexia and Justin, this question is for both of you. Where do you see your life’s going from here?
*Justin belly laughs* Now, Ali, that would ruin the surprise. Michele is being nice enough to finish writing our story all the way to end. But I can tell you this. We are far from done. We still have a lot of things to get through before our story is complete. Affirming the Faith will take you to the very end of our loves and lives.
· This question is also for both of you. Are you Happy?
*As they grin at each all dreamy eyed, the truth is clear* Yes, we are. *they agree in unison*
Is there anything else either of you want to say?
*Justin decides to answer this one* Our story is less about the faith we cherish, and more about the love story behind it. In our gated communities we thrive. We know that a male dominated society is considered outdated or old fashion, but it is how we live.
Thanks again for joining us today and I know I can't wait to read more of your story!