I was super excited when I found this survey and couldn't wait to post it. Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner is the one that started this great end of the year post and if you would like to know more about it, CLICK HERE.
Below are some answers to some great questions about my reading year!
2015 Reading Stats
Number Of Books You Read: 75 Books (A bit lower than normal)
Number of Re-Reads: 2 of which were Re-reads
Genre You Read The Most From: Young Adult (Of course)
Best In Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
This is a tie for me, I have two books that I loved so much this year. They both made me cry my eyes out and I couldn't stop reading them once I started reading. (Even if I wanted to!)
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
I know this book isn't a new one, but when I picked it up, I thought I would love it. I really didn't, it was okay but it wasn't that I can't eat without putting this book down type of love.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
This is going to be one of the books that I have as my favorite of the year. When I first read the prologue for this book, I wasn't sure if I would like it, but I love this book so much!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?How to be Brave is one of those easy reads that I instantly fell in love with and couldn't wait to tell people about. Which of course I did and probably didn't shut up about it for weeks.
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?ENCLAVE!!! Yeah that was easy to answer, Enclave by Ann Aguirre was by far my favorite best series starter. It wasn't released this year, but it was one of my favorites and probably number 3 on my best list of reads for me this year. As far as sequels go I would have to say Enlightened by A.L. Waddington. It's book two of the Eve Series. I love this whole series. As far as Series enders, I didn't read many of those this year, but plan on doing just that in 2016!
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?I discovered the very talented Mila Gray this year. She's the author of Come Back to Me and honestly I would read anything she writes. I can't wait for the next books in the series. I'm getting ready to start another book written by her here shortly.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I really didn't step out of my comfort zone too much this year, due to a major reading slump, when I did the book was so bad that I had to force myself to read 50 pages, let alone all of it.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
A Shade of Vampire, would have to be the most action packed book that I've read, the most unputdownable is probably a tie again between my two favorite books of the year.
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Harry Potter, I honestly re-read the whole series every year. It's a tradition of mine, that I love so much. I typically I start reading them in January then read them throughout the whole year. I don't marathon them or anything, but I do finish the last one by the end of the year. I don't think I could ever grow tired of them.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
This is pretty easy for me to answer, it would have to be one of my favorite reads this year. The Heir's cover is so pretty, just like the whole series. I love their covers so much!
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Again this one would have to be Eadlyn, I love her story line and it was nice to see a female's take on being the one to choose in the Selection. Plus I really love her name!
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?I feel like I keep repeating myself, but this answer is a tie again between the two books that I loved so much this year. The Heir and Come Back to Me.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?I'm not sure which book I would choose for this one, I didn't really read any life changing books this year, again due to the major reading slump I had throughout the year. Hopefully I will change that in 2016.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?This answer is pretty easy, The Shade of Vampire series. I hadn't known about this series and I really wish I had, but hey at least I know now.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?Oh lord, how do I pick a favorite, there are so many. This quote really just made me laugh, mainly because guys have no idea what us females actually go through when it comes to shoes. It's a tiny quote but really a cute one at the same time.
I slipped off my heels and placed them in his hands. "Ugh, these are heavy. How do you lift your feet?" "Strong calves?" He laughed and carried my shoes to the side.
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?The shortest book I read this year was The Night Before Christmas and it's 32 pages long. The longest book I read this year was Echo and it was 592 pages long.
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
The book that shocked me the most would have to be Come Back to Me, come on people it's one of the main reasons it's one of my favorites for the year. I mean I knew someone was going to die, without spoiling it, I didn't think it was going to be the person that does.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Again this one comes from Come Back To Me by Mila Gray, Kit and Jessa are two of my favorite OTP's ever!
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
This one has to come from The Heir, Eadlyn and her brother Ahren are two of my favorite family members
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read PreviouslyThe Heir, again I've read the whole Selection series and love each and every book. I can't wait to read the rest.
21. Best Book You Read In 2015That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:Well the Shade of Vampire books were mainly a recommendation from Facebook, so does that count?
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?Kit! I absolutely love him, he's super sweet and so kind to her. I don't want to spoil the book for anyone, just know that their road isn't a easy one.
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
The only debt I really read was Come Back To Me by Mila Gray. Of course by now you all know that I love the book so much!
24. Best World building/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Soundless! By far the best world building and vivid setting of the year. LOVE this book so much.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
I think the answer to this question would have to be any of the kids books that I read this year with my kids. I love reading with them and it always puts a smile on my face.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
Cry, lord this book made me cry so hard that I couldn't breath. The thing is that was just reading the prologue, I'm not even going to mention how hard I cried at the rest of the book. Yep, again I'm talking about Come Back to Me by Mila Gray. BEST TEAR JERKER EVER!
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan, is an amazing gem of my year. I loved reading every second of this book. It's a huge book, fair warning, but it's so worth the read.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
The Heir, the ending killed me!
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
This is a hard question for me, mainly because I think every book I read is a unique one, but I'm going to say Echo on this one. The story is so much perfection that I couldn't stop talking about it for weeks and the book itself is just breath taking.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?The Heir made me so mad, as soon as I finished it I wanted to scream, oh that's right I did. Not because it wasn't amazing, because as you know I love the book, but it's because how it ended. I need the next book like NOW!!
Your Blogging/Bookish Life
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?Caffeinated Book Reviewer has become one of my favorite book review blogs this year. I love the events they have an the reviews are prefect. I love reading the posts on the blog and check the blog out at least twice a week.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?My favorite review would have to be the one I wrote for Enclave by Ann Aguirre. I love that book so much and I tried my best to show how much in the review.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?This past year I tried to do a lot more discussion posts and I'm going to do the same in 2016. I really loved the way I had some great comments on those type of posts this year. I think my favorite would be a tie between Do you Review Every Book You Receive and Negative Reviews: How Do You Handle Them?
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?My favorite event every year is one that's held every few months. Bloggiesta is one that I try my hardest to participate in every time. It's a blast and I tend to get so much posted and work done on my blog.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?This year since I was in such a reading slump, I would have to say it was when I hit my goal for the year. I was so excited that I actually completed my goal that I did a little happy dance. Other than that I really loved going to Lori Fosters Reader and Author Get Together. I enjoy that event every single year.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
The most challenging was going through my reading slump and the time when I didn't blog as much as I should have and wanted. I'm going to work on that this year. Making sure I don't burn out and read what I want to read. That's two of my main goals for my blogging life and reading life this upcoming year.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?I think my most popular was my discussion posts. I tend to get a lot more comments on those and views as well. That's one of the reasons I have a list already started on topics for 2016.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?I'm not going to narrow it down to one post, I really wish my reviews themselves got more love. It seems like people read them, views wise, but I would love to get more comments on them.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?I didn't really discover any new book sites or stores this year. But that is a goal for my for 2016. I want to find some smaller bookstores in my area. Doesn't seem to be many, but I want to find out how many there are around me.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I did complete my Goodreads challenge! YAY, I honestly wasn't sure I would complete it. Super happy when I did though.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?Passenger is the first book I'll be reading in January. It's a Jan release, but I've had it for a few months. Really need to finish it asap!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?The next book in The Selection series is the one I'm dying to get my hands on. The Crown is one that I will read the day it comes out or the day I get my hand on it. (LOVE the cover as well)
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?There are so many to choose from... let's see let's go with Caraval by Stephanie Garber. There isn't even a cover for it yet on Goodreads! But I'm super excited about it.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?I would have to say Fury by Sarah J. Maas.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?I really want to blog more, be more consistent. I was really off this year and I want to be able to fix that in 2016. Also I really want to read more of the books that are already on my shelf that I haven't read yet. Getting a handle on that TBR pile, that's a huge goal, but one I'm going to work on in 2016.
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:Well I haven't finished it yet, but I'm more than half way through. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken is one that I'm loving and telling everyone about.
Well that's it for me, I'm super excited about 2016 as I hope you are as well. If you have any suggestions on topic's I can talk about, or any book suggestions, please leave those in the comments below. I would love to hear from you all!