So today for Parajunkee's Back to School Book Blogger challenge, we are supposed to pretend that we are the English teachers and showcase what our reading plan would be for our class. I'm very excited to see everyone's post for this one.
- Romeo & Juliet by William Shakespeare
- The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
I think it would really have to come down to the age group I was teaching, but this would probably be my starter list if it were High School English. Mixing a little bit of the old with the new would be my idea. Compare and contrast when it came to The Hunger Games and The Giver, etc.
So what would be on your list?